Mississippi Coast Region

Authors

Files

Download

Download Full Text (908 KB)

Contributor

Younghans, E. J.

Description

This color postcard features a large red brick building with a curved wall on the left, a curved roofline with two white Columns on the right, and a tall dome in the center of the roof. A spherical monument with a soldier on top stands in in front of the building and a black iron fence runs along the sidewalk. The title along the top reads "Harrison County Court House and Confederate Monument. Gulfport, Miss." The photographer is listed in the lower left of the image. The back of the postcard identifies the item as a postcard and provides indication for correspondence, address, and postage stamp placement.

Rights

Copyright protected by Mississippi State University Libraries. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. Permission to publish or

Publication Date

1900

Time Period

1910-1919

Geographic Location

Gulfport, MS

Object Type

image

Format (original)

postcard

Format (digital)

PDF

Digital ID

MSS-837_Postcard_Harrison-County-Court-House-and-Confederate-Monument-Gulfport-Miss_001

Source

Mississippi State University Libraries, Manuscripts Division, Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Mississippiana Collection, Postcard/Photographs, Box 2: Gulfport Subcollection

Repository

Manuscripts

Digital Publisher

Mississippi State University Libraries (electronic version)

Contact Information

For more information about the contents of this collection, email sp_coll@library.MSState.edu.

Harrison County Court House and Confederate Monument, Gulfport, Mississippi

Share

COinS