Download Full Text (386 KB)
This color picture postcard features an angle view of Our Lady of the Gulf Catholic Church with a palm tree to the left of the church's clock tower. The back of the postcard identifies the item as a postcard and provides publisher information as well as indication for postage stamp placement. The description in the upper left corner of the card reads "Our Lady of the Gulf Catholic Church Bay St. Louis, Miss. Facing the waters of the Gulf of Mexico is Our Lady of the Gulf Catholic Church, Founded in 1847 by French missionaries. The architecture is Italian Renaissance. To the right can be seen St. Joseph's Academy, a Catholic School for Girls. Established in 1855."
Rudolph Back Specialty Co.
Postcards; Churches, Catholic; Bay St. Louis, MS
Bay St. Louis, MS
Mississippi State University Libraries, Manuscripts Division, Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Mississippiana Collection, Gulf Coast Sub-Collection
Mississippi State University Libraries (electronic version)
Copyright protected by Mississippi State University Libraries. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. Permission to publish or reproduce is required.
For more information about the contents of this collection, email sp_coll@library.MSState.edu.
Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Special Collections Department, Mississippi State University