Artifacts

Files

Download

Download Full Text (11.8 MB)

Creator Role

publisher

Description

The image features a busy city scene in front of the Chicago Court House, which was built in 1853. The building also served as city hall and was the site of much activity until it burned in the Great Chicago Fire of 1871.

Contributor

Justice Frank J. and Virginia Williams

Approximate Creation Date

n.d.

Measurement

8 X 10 inches

Materials and Techniques Display

paper (fiber product); reproduction (copying)

Creation Location

Frank and Virginia Williams Collection of Lincolniana (Mississippi State, Mississippi, United States)

Work Type

reproduction (derivative object)

Class

Article

Rights

Copyright protected by Mississippi State University Libraries. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. Permission to publish or reproduce is required.

ID

1281.1

Current Location

Frank and Virginia Williams Collection of Lincolniana (Mississippi State, Mississippi, United States)

Repository

Mississippi State University Libraries

Digital Publisher

Mississippi State University Libraries (electronic version).

Contact Information

For more information about the contents of this collection, email sp_coll@library.msstate.edu.

Chicago Court House

Share

COinS