Artifacts

Files

Download

Download Full Text (11.8 MB)

Creator Role

publisher artist

Description

The object features a reproduction of a drawing of Fort Dearborn. The fort was built in 1803 and was named for General Henry Dearborn, then Secretary of War. The structure, however, was destroyed in the Fort Dearborn Massacre in 1812, a battle between United States troops and Potawatomi Native Americans where the latter saw victory.

Contributor

Justice Frank J. and Virginia Williams

Approximate Creation Date

n.d.

Measurement

8 X 10 inches

Materials and Techniques Display

paper (fiber product); reproduction (copying)

Creation Location

Frank and Virginia Williams Collection of Lincolniana (Mississippi State, Mississippi, United States)

Work Type

reproduction (derivative object)

Class

Article

Rights

Copyright protected by Mississippi State University Libraries. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. Permission to publish or reproduce is required.

ID

1281.2

Current Location

Frank and Virginia Williams Collection of Lincolniana (Mississippi State, Mississippi, United States)

Repository

Mississippi State University Libraries

Digital Publisher

Mississippi State University Libraries (electronic version).

Contact Information

For more information about the contents of this collection, email sp_coll@library.msstate.edu.

The First Fort Dearborn

Share

COinS