Download Full Text (332 KB)
This postcard features a color illustration of the Old Capitol building in Jackson, Mississippi during the State Fair and Exposition. The Old Capitol building is depicted at the end of the street with various swags of the United States flag draped between and at the top of the two story columns across the front of the building. The buildings on either side of the street have lines strung across the street with U. S. flags hanging from them. People in horse drawn wagons and carriages are on the street, people are also walking and riding bicycles on the street and the tracks for the street car are visible. Trees are depicted at the end of the street, partially obscuring the view of the Old Capitol building. "Exposition" is printed over the steps of the old capitol building. The title of the card is printed along the upper left of the card. The back of the card is addressed to Miss Fannie Tennison in Summit, Mississippi. The card is postmarked Jackson, Miss., October 26, 1912 and is stamped on top of the green, one cent George Washington postage stamp. "Enjoyed doing the fair to-day. RRB" is inscribed on the left half of the card.
Eyrich and Co., Jackson, Mississippi
Postcards; Streets; Capitol buildings; Commercial buildings
Old Capitol; Jackson, MS
Mississippi State University Libraries, Archives and Special Collections, Manuscripts Unit, Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Mississippiana Collection, Postcard/Photographs, Box 3, Box 3: Mississippi Capitol Region
Mississippi State University Libraries (electronic version)
Copyright protected by Mississippi State University Libraries. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. Permission to publish or reproduce is required.
For more information about the contents of this collection, email sp_coll@library.MSState.edu.
Old Capitol, Jackson, Mississippi, Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Special Collections Department, Mississippi State University