Download Full Text (469 KB)
This black and white postcard features a two story brick building an arched entrance, arched windows on the second floor and a row of three dormers across the roof. A tree stands to the left of the building. The sign along the bottom of the card identifies the building as "Webster Science Hall, Millsaps, College, Jackson, Miss." The back of the postcard identifies the item as a postcard and provides publisher information as well as indication for address placement. A green one cent postage stamp is placed in the upper right corner and the card is postmarked twice. The first postmark is Raymond, Mississippi, August 8, 1908 and the second postmark is Greenville, Mississippi, August 9, 1908. The card is addressed to Mrs. T L Arnett in Greenville, Mississippi in care of Arnett House.
Postcards; Buildings; Colleges and Universities; Jackson, MS
Mississippi State University Libraries, Manuscripts Division, Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Mississippiana Collection, Postcard/Photographs, Box 1: Jackson Subcollection
Mississippi State University Libraries (electronic version)
Copyright protected by Mississippi State University Libraries. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. Permission to publish or
For more information about the contents of this collection, email sp_coll@library.MSState.edu.
Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Special Collections Department, Mississippi State University