Mississippi Capitol Region

Authors

Files

Download

Download Full Text (292 KB)

Description

This postcard features a color illustration of the Mississippi Manufacturing Company the factory which made boxes to ship agricultural products. Scattered lumber , a water tower, and multiple buildings and smoke stacks are pictured. Originally named Young and Rhymes Box Factory, Cotton Gin, and Feed Mill, by 1893 had been renamed the Mississippi Manufacturing Company. This business appears to have operated until the late 1920s and should not be confused with the Mississippi Manufacturing Company, later renamed the Mississippi Mills, which was erected in 1866 at Wesson, Mississippi The title of the card is printed in red in the upper left of the image.

Subjects

Postcards; Factories

Keywords

manufacturing company; Crystal Springs

Geographic Location

Crystal Springs, (Miss.)

Object Type

image

Format (original)

postcard

Format (digital)

PDF

Digital ID

MFM_MSS_837_Postcard-MS-Manufacturing-Co-Crystal-Springs_001

Source

Mississippi State University Libraries, Archives and Special Collections, Manuscripts Unit, Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Mississippiana Collection, Postcard/Photographs, Box 4, Mississippi Capitol Region

Repository

Manuscripts

Digital Publisher

Mississippi State University Libraries (electronic version)

Rights

Copyright protected by Mississippi State University Libraries. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. Permission to publish or reproduce is required.

Contact Information

For more information about the contents of this collection, email sp_coll@library.MSState.edu.

Mississippi Manufacturing Company Manufacturers of all Kinds Boxes, Crystal Springs, Mississippi

Share

COinS