Download Full Text (443 KB)
This black and white postcard features a two story stone building with a hip style roof and a stone sign in the center over the entrance. The building is up on a hill with the second floor is cut into the hill. A sidewalk runs in front of the hill wraps around to go up the side of the hill toward the building's entrance. The title along the top identifies the building as "The Library, Piney Woods School, Piney Woods, Miss." The back of the postcard identifies the item as a postcard and provides publisher information as well as indication for correspondence and address placement. A red two cent postage stamp is placed in the upper right corner and the card is postmarked Tupelo, Mississippi, May 10, 1954. The card is inscribed and is addressed to Dr. and Mrs. W. J. Masson in Washington, Iowa.
May 9th Our Hearn, We are in the midst of ""Piney Woods"" wit southern magnolias beginning to burst into blossom and rain pouring. Love, K. and J. E. [sic]
Dickerman Postcard Co.
Postcards; School libraries; Piney Woods, MS
Piney Woods, MS
Mississippi State University Libraries, Manuscripts Division, Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Mississippiana Collection, Postcard/Photographs, Box 1: Crystal Springs Subcollection
Mississippi State University Libraries (electronic version)
Copyright protected by Mississippi State University Libraries. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. Permission to publish or
For more information about the contents of this collection, email sp_coll@library.MSState.edu.
Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Special Collections Department, Mississippi State University