Download Full Text (403 KB)
E. C. Kropp Co.
This color postcard features a large red brick five to six story split level building on a hill. Trees and bushes are on the hill in front of the left side of the building and trees and bushes are also on the opposite side of the road from the building. The leaf covered limbs of a tree are in the upper left corner of the image. The title in the upper right of the card identifies the building as "Baptist Hospital, Jackson, Miss." The back of the postcard identifies the item as a postcard and provides publisher and manufacturer information as well as indication for postage stamp placement. The description in the upper left corner reads "Jackson, capital city of the state and county seat of Hinds County, was named in honor of General Andrew Jackson. It is located approximately in the center of the state, was settled in 1822 and incorporated ten years later.
Copyright protected by Mississippi State University Libraries. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. Permission to publish or
City News Co.
Mississippi State University Libraries, Manuscripts Division, Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Mississippiana Collection, Postcard/Photographs, Box 1: Jackson Subcollection
Mississippi State University Libraries (electronic version)
For more information about the contents of this collection, email sp_coll@library.MSState.edu.
Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Special Collections Department, Mississippi State University