Mississippi Delta Region

Authors

Files

Download

Download Full Text (794 KB)

Description

This black and white postcard features the remnants of a building that is being torn down. The top portion of the building is gone and the arched font entrance is the most prominently remaining part. The image appears to have originally been a newspaper clipping. The description beneath the image reads "End of an Era--The original courthouse of Coahoma County, Miss. at Friars Point is being torn down. Clarksdale is now the county seat." The back of the postcard identifies the item as a photo postcard and provides indication for address and postage stamp placement.

Rights

Copyright protected by Mississippi State University Libraries. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. Permission to publish or

Publication Date

1940

Time Period

1940-1949

Geographic Location

Friars Point, MS

Object Type

image

Format (original)

postcard

Format (digital)

PDF

Digital ID

MSS-837_Postcard_Original-Courthouse-of -Coahoma-County-Miss_001

Source

Mississippi State University Libraries, Manuscripts Division, Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Mississippiana Collection, Postcard/Photographs, Box 2: Friars Point Subcollection

Repository

Manuscripts

Digital Publisher

Mississippi State University Libraries (electronic version)

Contact Information

For more information about the contents of this collection, email sp_coll@library.MSState.edu.

Remnants of the Demolished Coahoma County, Mississippi Courthouse

Share

COinS