Download Full Text (228 KB)
C. T. Doubletone
This postcard features a black and white photograph of the Frisco Depot in New Albany, Mississippi, a one story building with a round dormer on the center of the roof. A sign reading "New Albany" is on the left end on the roof. Railroad train tracks run in front of the depot building. The St. Louis–San Francisco Railway commonly known as the "Frisco", was a railroad that operated in the Midwest and South Central United States from 1876 to April 17, 1980. The title of the card is printed along the bottom edge of the card.
Joe L. S. Rogers, New Albany, Miss.
Postcard; Depots, Railroad
Train depots; Railroad depots;
New Albany, (Miss.)
Mississippi State University Libraries, Archives and Special Collections, Manuscripts Unit, Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Mississippiana Collection, Postcard/Photographs, Box 4, Northeast Mississippi Region
Mississippi State University Libraries (electronic version)
Copyright protected by Mississippi State University Libraries. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. Permission to publish or reproduce is required.
For more information about the contents of this collection, email sp_coll@library.MSState.edu.
Frisco Depot, New Albany, Mississippi, Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Special Collections Department, Mississippi State University