Download Full Text (794 KB)
This black and white postcard features a view of the buildings, sidewalks and utility poles on the left side of a street. The building fronts include signs for Bank of Amory 1906, the corner building, as well as Johnson Brothers Drug Company and the Green-Stuckey Company, with a wagon out front. Note also the "Post Office" sign at the Bank building on the bottom floor. The title in the upper right reads "Looking North on Main Street from Bank of Amory, Miss." The back of the postcard identifies the item as a postcard and provides indication for address and postage stamp placement. "Phototone" is stamped in purple ink in the lower center of the card.
Copyright protected by Mississippi State University Libraries. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. Permission to publish or
Mississippi State University Libraries, Manuscripts Division, Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Mississippiana Collection, Postcard/Photographs, Box 2: Amory Subcollection
Mississippi State University Libraries (electronic version)
For more information about the contents of this collection, email sp_coll@library.MSState.edu.
Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Special Collections Department, Mississippi State University