Download Full Text (760 KB)
This black and white postcard features a large two story building with an iron railed feature across the street from it. A sign just beneath the roofline on the right end of the building reads "Gilmore Pickett Grocery, Co." and a sign at the peak of the front corner reads "Bank of Amory 1908." Trees and utility poles are in front of the building. A horse and wagon are outside the right end of the building. "The title in the bottom center is in red and reads "Bank of Amory, Amory, Miss." The back of the postcard identifies the item as a postcard and provides indication for address and postage stamp placement.
Copyright protected by Mississippi State University Libraries. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. Permission to publish or
Mississippi State University Libraries, Manuscripts Division, Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Mississippiana Collection, Postcard/Photographs, Box 2: Amory Subcollection
Mississippi State University Libraries (electronic version)
For more information about the contents of this collection, email sp_coll@library.MSState.edu.
Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Special Collections Department, Mississippi State University