Camp Shelby (Camp Shelby Joint Forces Training Center (CSJFTC))

Authors

Files

Download

Download Full Text (800 KB)

Contributor

C. T. Art Colortone

Description

This color postcard features two rows of uniformed trainees kneeling on the ground, some in blue uniformes and some in green uniforms. The title along the top of the card reads "Hand Grenade Practice at Camp Shelby, Mississippi." The back of the postcard identifies the item as a postcard and provides publisher and creator information as well as indication for postage stamp placement. The description in the upper left corner reads "Camp Shelby, Mississippi Is named for a famed leader of men of Colonial Days, Colonel Isaac Shelby. Created during the World War days, the camp was named in honor of a fighter who earned a niche in history's hall by performing valiantly in the Revolutionary War. Camp Shelby is the second largest training camp. Built to accomodate 55,000 men.

Rights

Copyright protected by Mississippi State University Libraries. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. Permission to publish or reproduce is required.

Publication Date

1940

Publisher

D. E. Levine News Agency

Time Period

1890-1949

Geographic Location

Hattiesburg, MS; Camp Shelby, MS

Object Type

image

Format (original)

Postcard

Format (digital)

PDF

Digital ID

MSS_837_Postcard_Hand-Grenade-Oractice-at-Camp-Shelby-Mississippi_001

Source

Mississippi State University Libraries, Manuscripts Division, Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Mississippiana Collection, Hattiesburg Sub-Collection

Repository

Manuscripts

Digital Publisher

Mississippi State University Libraries (electronic version)

Contact Information

For more information about the contents of this collection, email sp_coll@library.MSState.edu.

Hand Grenade Practice at Camp Shelby, Hattiesburg, Mississippi

Share

COinS