Download Full Text (1.2 MB)
This black and white postcard features a large three story brick building with white moldings and arched windows in the center bumped out part of the building. A black iron fence runs in front of the building and there are trees along the sidewalk in front of the building. A utility pole is seen on the left edge of the image. The title along the bottom of the card identifies the building as "St. Francis Xavier's Academy, Vicksburg, Miss." An inscription is handwritten in the bottom right corner. The back of the postcard identifies the item as a postcard and provides publisher information as well as indication for address placement. A green one cent postage stamp is placed in the upper right corner and is smeared with black ink. The card is postmarked twice, once for Edwards, Mississippi, Sept 16, 1907 and the second is for Salem, Oregon, September 21, 1907. The card is addressed to Mr. C. F. Williams in Salem, Oregon.
From Mrs. R. W. Fox
The Rotograph Co.
Postcards; Catholic Schools; Vicksburg, MS
Mississippi State University Libraries, Manuscripts Division, Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Mississippiana Collection, Postcard/Photographs, Box 1: Vicksburg Subcollection
Mississippi State University Libraries (electronic version)
Copyright protected by Mississippi State University Libraries. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. Permission to publish or
For more information about the contents of this collection, email sp_coll@library.MSState.edu.
Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Special Collections Department, Mississippi State University