Download Full Text (1.2 MB)
This color postcard features a white bank with tall white bank with tall white columns across the front and a set of wide step lead up to the porch. Two small trees are on either side of the steps. A sign for ""Port Gibson Bank"" is across the front gable beneath the roofline. The title, ""Port Gibson Bank, Port Gibson, Miss."" Is along the bottom of the card. The back of the postcard identifies the item as a postcard and provides publisher information as well as indication for postage stamp placement. The description in the upper left corner reads "Building on reverse side erected in 1840. Used for bank purposes until war between the States. From latter period to 1890 served as hotel and rooming house. From 1890, continuously, the home of Port Gibson. When visiting our town do not fail to come in and see us. Port Gibson Bank".
Postcards; Banks; Port Gibson, MS
Port Gibson, MS
Mississippi State University Libraries, Manuscripts Division, Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Mississippiana Collection, Postcard/Photographs, Box 2: Port Gibson Subcollection
Mississippi State University Libraries (electronic version)
Copyright protected by Mississippi State University Libraries. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. Permission to publish or
For more information about the contents of this collection, email sp_coll@library.MSState.edu.
Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Special Collections Department, Mississippi State University