Download Full Text (375 KB)
This postcard features a black and white image of a Presbyterian church in Natchez, Mississippi. A clock and bell tower are in the front, center of the roof and four pillars are along the front porch. Trees stand beside the church and a black iron fence encloses the church yard. Electric power poles are at the sidewalk in front of the church. The title of the card is printed along the top of the image and the name "Walter" is handwritten along the bottom, right edge of the card. The back of the card is addressed to Miss Helen Wood in Indianapolis, Indiana. The card is postmarked twice: Natchez, Miss., March 28, 1907 and Indianapolis, Indiana, March 1907. A green, one cent postage stamp is placed in the upper right corner of the card.
The Rotograph Co., N. Y. City (Germany)
Postcards; Churches, Presbyterian
Presbyterian Churches; Churches; Southern churches
Mississippi State University Libraries, Archives and Special Collections, Manuscripts Unit, Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Mississippiana Collection, Postcard/Photographs, Box 3, Southwest Mississippi Region
Mississippi State University Libraries (electronic version)
Copyright protected by Mississippi State University Libraries. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. Permission to publish or reproduce is required.
For more information about the contents of this collection, email sp_coll@library.MSState.edu.
Presbyterian Church, Natchez, Mississippi, Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Special Collections Department, Mississippi State University