Mississippi Capitol Region

Authors

Files

Download

Download Full Text (257 KB)

Description

This postcard features a black and white image of St. Columb's Episcopal Chapel in Jackson, Mississippi. The chapel is a one story building with a wide, ivy covered tower in the center above the entrance. Trees and ivy obscure the view of the chapel and the grass is tall in front. An inscription is written on the upper right of the image that reads "St. Columb's Chapel in West Jackson. Built by the late H. M. Thompson. M. A. G." The back of the card is addressed to Miss Lorena Duling in Jackson, Mississippi. The card is postmarked Jackson, Miss., November 1906 and a green, one cent Benjamin Franklin postage stamp is placed in the upper right of the card.

Publication Date

1906

Time Period

1900-1909

Subjects

Postcards; Episcopal church buildings

Keywords

chapels; Episcopal chapels; Jackson, MS

Geographic Location

Jackson, (Miss.)

Object Type

image

Format (original)

postcard

Format (digital)

PDF

Digital ID

MFM_MSS_837_1906-11_Postcard-St.-Colunds-Jackson_001

Source

Mississippi State University Libraries, Archives and Special Collections, Manuscripts Unit, Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Mississippiana Collection, Postcard/Photographs, Box 4, Mississippi Capitol Region

Repository

Manuscripts

Digital Publisher

Mississippi State University Libraries (electronic version)

Rights

Copyright protected by Mississippi State University Libraries. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. Permission to publish or reproduce is required.

Contact Information

For more information about the contents of this collection, email sp_coll@library.MSState.edu.

St. Columbs's Episcopal Chapel, Jackson, Mississippi

Share

COinS