Download Full Text (366 KB)
This color picture postcard features the exterior of Hancock Bank with cars parked in front. The back of the postcard identifies the item as a postcard and provides artist information as well as indication for postage stamp placement. The description in the upper left corner reads "Hancock Bank Bay Saint Louis, Mississippi In National Register of Historical Places, opened Oct. 9, 1899. This building (first two story commercial building in town) replaced the original wooden structure in 1902. Hancock now operates 56 bank offices on the Mississippi Coast and in Louisiana."
Postcards; Picture postcards; Banks and banking
Bay St. Louis, MS
Mississippi State University Libraries, Manuscripts Division, Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Mississippiana Collection, Gulf Coast Sub-Collection
Mississippi State University Libraries (electronic version)
Copyright protected by Mississippi State University Libraries. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. Permission to publish or reproduce is required.
For more information about the contents of this collection, email sp_coll@library.MSState.edu.
Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Special Collections Department, Mississippi State University