Download Full Text (1.0 MB)
This color postcard features two wood clapboard buildings at the turn of the twentieth century. The building in the foreground has a long porch with light colored railing along the length. Two wagons/carriages are parked in front of it. The second building is a two story structure with an Asian style "tower" on the left end that bears a sign reading "Biloxi Art Pottery." A white sign extends from the side of the building. A man in an apron is standing on the side of the street in front of the buildings. Tress and a powerline pole are behind the second building. The title along the bottom of the card reads "The Biloxi Pottery, Biloxi, Miss." An inscription is handwritten on the white space along the left edge of the card. The back of the postcard identifies the item as a postcard and provides indication for address placement. A green one cent postage stamp is placed in the upper right corner and the card is postmarked Biloxi, Mississippi, January 7, 1906. The card is addressed to J. Elmer Tolbert in Carrollton, New York.
Pearl Mayfield 133 Gill Avenue Biloxi, Miss. U. S.
Postcards; Pottery studios; Biloxi, MS
Mississippi State University Libraries, Manuscripts Division, Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Mississippiana Collection, Postcard/Photographs, Box 2: Biloxi Subcollection
Mississippi State University Libraries (electronic version)
Copyright protected by Mississippi State University Libraries. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. Permission to publish or
For more information about the contents of this collection, email sp_coll@library.MSState.edu.
Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Special Collections Department, Mississippi State University