Download Full Text (455 KB)
This color postcard features a brown four story building with white trim and inset balconies on the second, third, and fourth floors. The title in the upper left reads "Elks Club, Gulfport, Miss." The back of the postcard identifies the item as a postcard and provides publisher information as well as indication for correspondence and address placement. A green one cent postage stamp is placed in the upper right corner and the card is postmarked Gulfport, Mississippi, March 14, 1917. The card is inscribed and is addressed to Hon. J. O. Smith in Centerstone, Florida.
Copyright protected by Mississippi State University Libraries. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. Permission to publish or
3/13/17 How does this building look for a small town. Hope to see you again in a week or two. Huelosy
C. T. Photochrome
Mississippi State University Libraries, Manuscripts Division, Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Mississippiana Collection, Postcard/Photographs, Box 2: Gulfport Subcollection
Mississippi State University Libraries (electronic version)
For more information about the contents of this collection, email sp_coll@library.MSState.edu.
Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Special Collections Department, Mississippi State University