Download Full Text (1.5 MB)
This color tourism postcard features four buildings. Clockwise from top left, the buildings are identified as The City Hall, the Post Office and Federal Building, The Elks' Temple, and the Central High School. A postmark for Biloxi, Mississippi, March 11, 1935 is stamped in the top center. The title across the top of the card reads "A Group of Beautiful Biloxi Buildings, Biloxi, Miss." The back of the postcard identifies the item as a postcard and provides publisher information and provides address and postage stamp placement. The description in the upper left corner and reads "Biloxi has a number of pretty buildings that its citizens are proud of. The Elks' Temple shown at lower right is the most beautiful Elks' building in Mississippi. The Post Office and Federal Building shown at top, right, is of marble and is one of the prettiest in the South. The City Hall at the top, left, was recently remodeled. The celebrated Biloxi mineral water drinking fountain is shown directly in front of the entrance. The Central High School at the lower left as been declared by the State High School Inspector of Mississippi, to be the largest and most up-to-date in the state."
A. S. Grieff Books and Stationary Co.
Postcards; Buildings; Biloxi, MS
Mississippi State University Libraries, Manuscripts Division, Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Mississippiana Collection, Postcard/Photographs, Box 2: Biloxi Subcollection
Mississippi State University Libraries (electronic version)
Copyright protected by Mississippi State University Libraries. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. Permission to publish or
For more information about the contents of this collection, email sp_coll@library.MSState.edu.
Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Special Collections Department, Mississippi State University