Download Full Text (432 KB)
Art Craft Studio
This color postcard features a three and four story split level brick building with a line of Evergreen Camphor trees at the sidewalk in front, partially obscuring the view of the building. A confederate monument is partially visible on the left side of the building. Four early twentieth century cars are parked on the street in front of the building. The title in the upper left identifies the building as "Harrison County Court House, Gulfport, Miss.--1" The back of the postcard identifies the item as a postcard and provides publisher and artist information as well as indication for postage stamp placement. A description in the upper left reads "View of the Harrison county Court House, built in 1917, N. W. Overstreet architect, showing the Confederate Monument, Evergreen Camphor trees, and the "White Way" along 24th Street."
E. C. Kropp Co.
Postcards; Courthouses; Harrison, County (Miss.); Gulfport, MS
Mississippi State University Libraries, Manuscripts Division, Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Mississippiana Collection, Postcard/Photographs, Box 1: Gulfport Subcollection
Mississippi State University Libraries (electronic version)
Copyright protected by Mississippi State University Libraries. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. Permission to publish or
For more information about the contents of this collection, email sp_coll@library.MSState.edu.
Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Special Collections Department, Mississippi State University