Download Full Text (369 KB)
This postcard features a color illustration of the Harrison County Courthouse in Gulfport, Mississippi, a two story, red brick, Craftsman style building with a third floor on the center portion of the building. Decorative cornices and corbels decorate the roofline. A line of trees runs in front of the courthouse and a Confederate monument is seen to the left. The title of the card is printed along the bottom edge of the card. A brief paragraph on the back of the card provides the following history on the courthouse: "The Harrison County Court House was destroyed by fire in 1916, and the new building was erected in 1917. The Monument on the left of the picture was erected in 1911 by the Daughters of the Confederacy in memory of the Confederate Dead."
courthouses; Gulfport, MS
Mississippi State University Libraries, Archives and Special Collections, Manuscripts Unit, Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Mississippiana Collection, Postcard/Photographs, Box 3, Box 3: Mississippi Coastal Region
Mississippi State University Libraries (electronic version)
Copyright protected by Mississippi State University Libraries. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. Permission to publish or reproduce is required.
For more information about the contents of this collection, email sp_coll@library.MSState.edu.
Harrison County Courthouse, Gulfport, Mississippi, Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Special Collections Department, Mississippi State University