Download Full Text (453 KB)
Henley, D. B.
This black and white picture postcard features a large white octogonal shaped building with a cupola in the center of the building. A porch appears to wrap around the entire building and a black iron fence is seen in the foreground. The title in the upper right corner of the card reads "4298 South Mississippi Infirmary, Hattiesburg, Miss. Dr. W. W. Crawford, Owner." There is an inscription handwritten in the space beneath the title. The back of the postcard identifies the item as a postcard-carte postale-postal card and provides publisher information as well as indication for address placement. A green one cent postage stamp is placed in the upper right corner and the card is postmarked Hattiesburg, Mississippi, February 5, 1907. The card is addressed to Mr. J. A. McKinnon in Florida.
Received your card all OK and thought is fine. G. E. Hal [sic]
Postcards; Picture postcards; Infirmaries; Hattiesburg, MS
Mississippi State University Libraries, Manuscripts Division, Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Mississippiana Collection, Hattiesburg Sub-Collection
Mississippi State University Libraries (electronic version)
Copyright protected by Mississippi State University Libraries. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. Permission to publish or reproduce is required.
For more information about the contents of this collection, email sp_coll@library.MSState.edu.
Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Special Collections Department, Mississippi State University