Download Full Text (410 KB)
This color postcard features a four story building with tall white columns across the front entrance and smaller white columns across the side entrance porch. Bushes line the front of the building. The title along the top of the card reads "Y. M. C. A. Building on Main Street, Hattiesburg, Miss. --19" The back of the postcard identifies the item as a postcard and provides publisher information as well as indication for postage stamp placement. The description in the upper left reads "First organized in 1913, this unit of the Y, centrally located, was used by soldiers of Camp Shelby. It has excellent facilities and is well patronized."
D. E. Levine Agency
Postcards; Y. M. C. A.; Hattiesburg, MS
Mississippi State University Libraries, Manuscripts Division, Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Mississippiana Collection, Postcard/Photographs, Box 1: Hattiesburg Subcollection
Mississippi State University Libraries (electronic version)
Copyright protected by Mississippi State University Libraries. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. Permission to publish or
For more information about the contents of this collection, email sp_coll@library.MSState.edu.
Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Special Collections Department, Mississippi State University