Download Full Text (228 KB)
This postcard features a black and white image of the Lowndes County Mississippi Courthouse in Columbus. The courthouse features a clock tower on the left end of the building and four pillars at the entrance. Other buildings can be seen behind the courthouse. The title is printed along the bottom of the card with the word Lowndes misspelled as "Lowndes". The publisher's name is printed in the bottom corner of the image. The handwritten inscription written up the side to the right of the image refers to Columbus as the "city of roses". The back of the card is addressed to Mrs. Harry Morris in St. Louis, Missouri and postmarked March 9, 1906. A green one cent Benjaman Franklin postage stamp is placed in the upper right corner of the card.
Divelbliss Book Exchange
Courthouses; Columbus, MS
Mississippi State University Libraries, Archives and Special Collections, Manuscripts Unit, Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Mississippiana Collection, Postcard/Photographs, Box 3, East Central Mississippi Region
Mississippi State University Libraries (electronic version)
Copyright protected by Mississippi State University Libraries. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. Permission to publish or reproduce is required.
For more information about the contents of this collection, email sp_coll@library.MSState.edu.
Courthouse, Lowndes County, Columbus, Mississippi, Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Special Collections Department, Mississippi State University