Download Full Text (278 KB)
This postcard features a color illustration of the West Side Public School in McComb, Mississippi, formerly McComb City. The school is depicted as a large, three story building with a bell tower in the center of the roof, arched windows in the front, and a line of trees in the front yard, partially obscuring the view of the school. The title and publisher of the card is printed along the bottom beneath the image. The back of the card is addressed to Miss Lucile H. Cordrey in San Francisco, California. The card is postmarked Memphis Terminal Railway Post Office, October 1908 and a green, one cent Benjamin Franklin postage stamp is placed in the upper right corner of the card. An inscription is written on the left half of the card. [see transcription field]
Many thanks for the card. Your cards are very interesting. Joe Butler Box 46 McComb, Miss.
McComb City Drug Store
Postcards; School Buildings
Mississippi State University Libraries, Archives and Special Collections, Manuscripts Unit, Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Mississippiana Collection, Postcard/Photographs, Box 3, Southwest Mississippi Region
Mississippi State University Libraries (electronic version)
For more information about the contents of this collection, email sp_coll@library.MSState.edu.
McComb City, Mississippi, West Side Public School, Lucius Marion Lampton, MD Historical Images Collection, Special Collections Department, Mississippi State University